Are you in the market for an internship or job?
Check out our Career Corner for current openings in politics, policy, journalism, and related fields. We include opportunities for students of all years and levels of experience.
Opportunities in the Federal Government
Hey #Hoyas – interested in opportunities in the federal government but not sure where to start? Many departments and agencies offer a wide range of opportunities that might fit your interests. You may also discover some you didn’t even know existed.
Although many opportunities for summer 2021 are now closed, here are some resources to help you get organized for next year (and a few deadlines you can still meet): bit.ly/gov-careersBack to Top
Ray for Mayor Field Organizer
Field Organizers are responsible for building a network and executing our strategy to win. Field Organizers report to their Regional Field Director. Specific responsibilities of the Field Organizer include but are not limited to the following:
- Building and deploying a volunteer base, by (1) recruiting, motivating, and managing volunteers for canvassing, teach volunteers how to use relational organizing tools, phone banking, and data entry, and (2) working (either directly or through volunteers/interns) to ensure that our volunteer databases are organized and kept up-to-date;
- Executing aggressive VBM, Early Vote and GOTV strategies via phone, online and door-to-door contact;
- Organizing events, meetings, phone banks and canvasses, ensuring that all voter contact goals are met;
- Supervising and training interns and volunteers
- Supporting fundraising activities; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Having a presence in the community virtually or in person
Candidates should possess previous field organizing experience, a strong commitment to Democratic ideals, issues, grassroots organizing, excellent personal, verbal and written communication skills, and the flexibility and temperament to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing political environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Voter Activation Network (VAN) is encouraged;
- Previous experience as an organizer or campaign staffer is encouraged;
- Understanding of relational organizing
- Strong time-management skills and work ethic;
- Ability to motivate volunteers to reach goals;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to spend long hours on the phone and canvassing;
- Ability to adapt quickly and accomplish goals as set forth by the campaign;
- Results-oriented, dependable, and proactive;
- Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality; and
- Working knowledge of local politics and strong relationships with Democratic leaders is preferred.
- Reliable access to transportation
- Willing to work 7 days a week
Salary: $3,500 w/ Benefits
To apply, email: firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to Top
Impactive Marketing Coordinator (FT)
Impactive is a political technology company building next-generation digital organizing tools for progressive campaigns and causes.
We’re currently hiring for a Marketing Coordinator; this is a full-time, remote position best for someone with 0-1 years of work experience and an interest in the intersection of business (startups), politics, and marketing.
While the position is full-time to begin ASAP, we’re flexible and willing to work with a graduating senior who could perhaps work part-time for a few months before starting full-time after graduation; the role is also great for recent alumni.
- Email marketing: Work with Impactive’s email automation tool, customer.io, to execute a segmented email marketing strategy to deliver relevant product marketing information to sales targets at key points along the user journey. Partner with Impactive’s product team to implement clean, effective transactional emails to support product adoption. Collaborate with Impactive’s product and client strategies teams to release timely product updates in monthly email broadcasts.
- Organic social media: Manage the creation of and distribution of original content across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn; content includes blog posts, webinars, product updates, job openings, company updates, as well as amplified content from our partners in politics and advocacy.
- Paid social media: Collaborate on the creation of paid social media campaigns, such as Facebook and Instagram ads; execute these strategies by writing and designing basic ad creative, loading creative into Facebook Business Manager, and providing regular performance reports.
- Product marketing: Partner with Impactive’s product team to digest information about product updates or new feature releases and transform that information into compelling sales collateral, social media content, and other marketing campaigns. Oversee the rollout of feature launches, managing a cross-channel editorial calendar and collaborating with Impactive’s external public relations team when relevant.
- Marketing automations: Oversee Impactive’s slate of marketing automations, including integrations between tools like Zapier, Webflow, customer.io, and Salesforce. Monitor integrations and troubleshoot any errors. Plan and implement new automations as requested by the sales team, product team, client strategies team, etc.
Compensation and Work Environment
- Salary: $50,000-$60,000
- Revenue sharing bonus program
- 90-100% of medical and dental insurance premiums paid
- $500 work-from-home equipment stipend at start of employment
- $500 quarterly professional development stipend
- $750 per year charitable contribution matching
- Flexible work environment
- Work with an inspiring and dedicated team of passionate activists and organizers
The Mellman Group Political Public Opinion Research Internship
We are looking for an intern who can commit to a six-month internship to work on public opinion research for political campaigns, public interest groups, membership organizations, and businesses, beginning summer 2021. Ideal person is interested in public opinion polling with a commitment to Democratic politics and has a statistics background. The primary internship responsibilities include:
- Conducting background research on candidates, opponents, or potential clients
- Editing memos, PowerPoint presentations and proposals
- Reading and understanding crosstab banners and topline questionnaires
- Monitoring polls the first night they are in the field
- Sorting quotes from focus group transcripts
- Creating focus group handout summaries
- Some administrative work when necessary
Knowledge of SPSS, statistics, or quantitative analysis would be helpful, but not required. Applicants must be able to work fast, have a commitment to detail and accuracy, handle a high-pressured working environment, and work well in a team atmosphere in a small office. This is a full-time position with a 40 hour work week. Applicants must be available to work between 9am-6pm ET, and have a flexible schedule to work early mornings, late evenings and weekends. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, staff and interns are currently working remotely, though once it is safe, staff and interns will be expected to work in our DC office. Pay is $15/hr. Casual workplace.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.comBack to Top
Punchbowl News Fellow
Punchbowl News is looking for a journalist to join their team as a paid fellow for six months. More info from Punchbowl: We are a news publication with a 3x daily newsletter publishing Monday through Friday. Journalism experience of at least two years is required. The fellow would be involved in producing, copy-editing and publishing the newsletters. Attention to detail and being able to work under time-sensitive deadlines is critical. Other responsibilities include prepping newsletters, social media engagement, finding relevant articles for the newsletters and writing projects for new products.
This is an hourly paid position.
We would require somebody to work at a minimum between the hours of 4:30 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. There would be opportunities for additional hours based on discreet projects and need.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to Top
ATI Advisory Summer Internship
ATI Advisory (ATI) is a research and advisory services firm changing how businesses, communities, and public programs serve frail older adults. We provide insight backed up by original research, delivering practical solutions for our clients and the families they serve. Our founder, Anne Tumlinson is an influential voice among healthcare leaders working to transform how care is delivered and financed in this country. Some of our clients include post-acute and long-term care provider organizations, Medicare Advantage plans, PACE organizations, and foundations.
ATI Advisory is currently seeking a Research and Data Analytics Intern to join our company in Summer 2021. This is a paid internship lasting 10 weeks (with the option to extend) and will be fully remote.
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative research on a diverse array of healthcare and aging services issues affecting older adults.
• Draft written summaries, Excel documents/models, PowerPoint presentations to provide strategic recommendations to clients.
• Review external reports and publications and summarize relevant findings
• Provide project management support, including preparation of meeting materials, scheduling meetings, and taking notes.
• Develop content expertise on a range of healthcare and aging issues.
• Ensure website content is updated with news, events, and content that ATI has produced
• Perform quality control (QC) on publicly facing materials and client deliverables.
• Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills
• Programming and/or financial modeling experience
• Ability to synthesize extensive research findings into relevant insights
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
• High degree of professional maturity
• High level of initiative, quick learning ability, and resourcefulness
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Experience working in Excel
• A rising Senior undergraduate student or graduate student majoring in public policy, public health, public administration, business, statistics, economics, mathematics, or another related field.
• Interest in the healthcare field and in health and aging policy issues.
How to Apply
Please submit copies of the following application materials to email@example.com.
• Cover letter
374Water Government Affairs Internship
374 Water‘s Government Affairs Intern(s) will have the opportunity to join a fast growing hard science, start up that is changing the water and waste paradigms globally. 374Water’s cleantech, decentralized infrastructure systems will enter the government regulated markets of water, air, chemicals, and waste. 374Water’s decisions to focus on certain markets, channels, geographies and opportunities will be directly informed by the work GA Intern(s) perform.
The goals of these projects are to map out for the company in a clean, structured way the various paths to market in different geographies and who in the regulatory and legislative fields should 374Water be engaging with. The position is remote, but at project end, the intern(s) will (at their option) meet 374Water team members in Washington D.C. for final work assessments and meetings with target decision makers on Capitol Hill. There will be an opportunity to join the 374Water team full time as its lead Government Affairs Associate at the end of the program.
Accepting applications currently and would like to hire immediately for this unpaid internship. Send resume and cover letter to Steve McKnightBack to Top
The Fuller Project
The Fuller Project is the award-winning global nonprofit newsroom dedicated to objective, groundbreaking reporting on women: to raise awareness, expose injustice, and spur accountability. They are now seeking to fill the following positions:
- Associate Editor
- Enterprise Reporter (US-based)
- Enterprise Reporter (Asia, Africa or Middle East-based)
- Communications Manager
- No current openings for internships
National Republican Congressional Committee
The National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) is looking for interns in each of our divisions. We are looking for politically interested undergraduate students that want to gain marketable skills, lifelong connections, and have an enjoyable experience interning at our Washington, DC headquarters. Your internship will allow you to contribute measurable value to the NRCC’s operations and stay connected with the organization long after your last day as an intern.
To apply for an NRCC internship, please click below and email your resume and introduction to: firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to Top
Andrew Goodman Foundation
The Andrew Goodman Foundation supports youth leadership development, voting accessibility, and social justice initiatives on campuses across the country with mini-grants to select institutions of higher learning and other financial assistance to students. Our vision is that young people will become active, engaged citizens who ensure a just democracy and sustainable future. Join us during this critical time for American democracy and help shape the next generation of civic leaders.
The Andrew Goodman Foundation is hiring for several positions in the Programs department.Back to Top
As a full-service public affairs agency, Story Partners has deep expertise and a wide range of traditional and social media skills to meet your challenge and drive to victory. Known for our winning strategies, creativity and zealous determination to win—we offer clients exceptional strength in seven service areas critical to public affairs campaign success.
Public Affairs Interns
Story Partners is seeking fall interns. The intern program provides a substantive, hands-on experience in a fast-paced workplace. The ideal candidate is a motivated, self-starter and creative thinker. We encourage students with a communications background or an interest in the role of public affairs in the political process to apply. Interns should be prepared to enter a professional office and work hard every day.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Drafting a wide selection of written and creative materials
- Monitoring news coverage (traditional and digital) for client issues
- Facilitating a variety of social media engagements and analysis
- Building and maintaining reporter databases
- Conducting media and issues-related research
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.comBack to Top