Alexis and Laurence Pelosi Endowed Internship Fund
The Alexis and Laurence Pelosi Endowed Internship Fund provides financial support to undergraduate and graduate students from across the Georgetown community whose unique background or personal experiences, when evaluated holistically, would contribute to diversifying the field(s) of politics, public service, and/or the media.
It is the mission of the McCourt School’s Institute of Politics and Public Service to prepare young leaders to enter public service. The funding will be used to provide financial support to selected students who have secured an unpaid internship or internship with a nominal stipend in the field(s) of: politics, media, government, public service, and journalism. The Fund will provide a one-time stipend of $3,000. The Institute of Politics and Public Service will provide special skill building workshops to the cohort of students over the summer.
Recipients Must Commit To:
- Participate in a three-part series of skill-building workshops and a one-time gathering with donors, Alexis and Laurence Pelosi.
- Be willing to collaborate with GU Politics digital media staff to capture their summer experience through a variety of social media platforms.
- Students must be current Georgetown students who will be returning to classes for the Fall 2024 semester.
- Students must have secured an unpaid internship or internship with a nominal stipend for summer 2024. The offer must be in writing from the employer.
- The internship must be in the fields of politics, media, government, public service and/or journalism.
The application cycle for summer 2023 is closed; please check back again next year for the summer 2024 application. Applications are typically due at the end of April with final selections made by early May.
In addition to the application, students must submit (via the application form) the following items:
- Letter of Recommendation
- Copy of your internship offer (in writing) if available