Georgetown’s Institute of Politics and Public Service (GU Politics) is thrilled to announce and open applications * for the 2018-2019 GU Politics Student Leadership Council (SLC)! Similarly to the former Student Advisory Board, this Council, open to sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students at Georgetown, will serve a critical and collaborative role within our Institute. (*Please apply using your georgetown.edu email!)
As we are looking to create a collaborative role for students within our SLC, we are excited to offer students the opportunity to be an Ambassador for a specific vertical of programming. Before applying for an Ambassador position, please click on the link to read a full description of what each position entails:
As a member of the GU Politics Student Leadership Council, in addition to expectations within your position as Ambassador, you will be expected to:
- Attend a retreat during the second weekend of September. Retreat time frame TBA.
- Hold a General Interest Meeting for all opportunities for involvement the week of September 10th, 2018
- Attend a minimum one-hour weekly Leadership Council meeting throughout the 2018-2019 school year
- Dedicate time and energy to actively participating in expanding outreach for all GU Politics programming
- Be proactive and reactive to all needs that may arise to make our programming as successful as possible (i.e. be the point of contact for students for our events)
These are just a few of the expectations that will allow the SLC to be as successful as possible this year, but the most important one is you being you! Your energy! Thoughts! Ideas! Here at GU Politics, we are excited to foster a space for collaboration as we continue to reshape and think about the future of politics and public service.
This application will close on Labor Day, Monday, September 3rd at 11:59PM. Once you complete your application, please email your resume to Jennifer Solorio (GU Politics Manager of Student Engagement & Logistics) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, if you have any questions, please let Jennifer Solorio know!
** Please note: students may apply to both the Student Leadership Council (SLC) and Student Strategy Teams (SST), but if selected for the SLC, will not be able to participate on an SST for the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters. **