Friend of GU Politics,
It’s hard to believe that just over a year ago, we were preparing to throw open our doors. From the day we arrived on campus, we had eleven weeks to build this program before students showed up -- and I couldn’t be more proud of the results. Check out just a few of our accomplishments:
- We’ve hosted two amazing Fellows classes -- including of some of the smartest operatives from both parties, top political journalists, and a former Mayor, a former Governor and a former Head of State.
- We organized more than 60 events -- including a major campaign address by Senator Bernie Sanders, a millennial town hall with Speaker Paul Ryan, and four former presidential candidates sharing their reflections on running.
- Our “political hackathon” challenged 10 teams of 5 students each to tell us what they didn’t like about politics and come up with a solution. No academic credit, no extra points. Just 50 students who care enough to find a better way. Their innovative ideas reflect the best of what we’re all about, and should make you feel good about being a friend of GU Politics. We hope you’ll read it, and share it with others.
Through these and so many other exciting programs, we’ve welcomed thousands of Hoyas through our doors, pulling back the curtain and giving them the chance to directly engage with our political system.
And we couldn’t have done any of it without you.
As an early supporter, we wanted to share with you two items we put together to show the impact that GU Politics is having, and hope you’ll share them with your own networks:
- This video that recaps our first year, featuring students, Fellows, Board Members and staff talking about how GU Politics is changing lives.
- This annual report that tells the complete story of our inaugural year.
So, yeah, we’ve come a long way. But we’re just getting started.
Stay tuned for announcements soon on our conventions presence, our fall Fellows and new Advisory Board, new student leadership opportunities and new fall programming. And don’t forget to follow us on social media at @GUPolitics across Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram.
Thanks again for everything.
Mo Elleithee (SFS ‘94)