WHAT: Next Thursday, the Georgetown University McCourt School of Public Policy and its Institute of Politics and Public Service (GU Politics) will welcome Facebook Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg for a speech and conversation on Free Expression.
The event will take place on Thursday, October 17, 2019 at 1:00 PM on Georgetown's main campus in the University’s historic Gaston Hall. Mr. Zuckerberg will describe his perspective on the importance of giving everyone a voice in the face of threats to free expression. Following his address, Mr. Zuckerberg will participate in a question and answer session with the Georgetown community, moderated by GU Politics founding Executive Director Mo Elleithee.
Zuckerberg’s address will kick off a new GU Politics initiative – Democracy in the Digital Age – a series of upcoming public conversations with leaders across the spectrum of politics, government, technology and media on the challenges and opportunities for democracy in the digital era.
This event is sponsored by Georgetown’s McCourt School of Public Policy and its Institute of Politics and Public Service. This event is co-sponsored by the McCourt School’s Massive Data Institute, the Kennedy Institute of Ethics and its Ethics Lab, and Georgetown’s Free Speech Project.
WHEN: Thursday, October 17th at 1:00 PM
WHERE: Gaston Hall, Healy Hall, Georgetown University
- Facebook Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg
- Students from Georgetown University
- Open to press, as space allows.
- Media interested in attending must RSVP through this form by October 14th, 2019 at 12PM E.T. A livestream of the event will be provided.
- Press will need to present valid credentials at check-in.
- There will be no question and answer for attending press during the event.
- No outside video cameras can be accommodated. Georgetown University will provide a pool camera for this event. Press credentials will be provided to reporters and photographers only.
ABOUT THE MCCOURT SCHOOL OF PUBLIC POLICY:
The Georgetown University McCourt School of Public Policy is a top-ranked public policy school located in the center of the policy world in Washington, D.C. Our mission is to teach our students to design, analyze, and implement smart policies and put them into practice in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors, in the U.S. and around the world.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE OF POLITICS AND PUBLIC SERVICE:
The Institute of Politics and Public Service (GU Politics) connects and empowers students and the community in an effort to improve and reimagine politics and public service and reaffirm its promise. Founded as part of Georgetown’s McCourt School of Public Policy in the fall of 2015, GU Politics programming is open to the entire University community.