Thanks to the generosity of GU Politics Fall '17 Visiting Fellow José Díaz-Balart and Telemundo, we have launched the José Díaz-Balart Telemundo Internship Fund!
The Fund provides six one-time scholarships to select students whose background or experience suggests that they contribute to the diversity of the Georgetown community and can make similar contributions during a summer internship in the fields of politics, media, government, public service, or journalism. Awardees include:
- Evan Farrara (COL '19): Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Disability Rights Section
- Joshua Marín-Mora (SFS ‘21): Office of Senator Dean Heller (R-NV)
- Joseph Murgida (COL '21): Bob Hugin Senate Campaign
- Thalia Navia (SFS '20): Citizen Diplomacy Initiative at Learning Life
- Jesus Rodriguez (SFS '19): Editorial Team at The Hill
- Shakera Vaughn (COL '19): The City of Richmond, Mayor's Office
This summer, these students will share updates about their internships, excursions, and learning experiences through GU Politics social media platforms. Follow along with #HoyasInPublicService to get an inside look!