ADL is looking for interns this Spring and Summer. Positions may begin spring or summer 2020 (10-15 hours/week). Preference for DC location. The internships will be paid. Applicants must have at least completed two years of college, with graduate degree preferred. Activities the intern might do include:
- Assist with design and implementation of research studies
- Conduct a literature review on key topics related to school climate or anti-bias interventions.
- Explore possible partnerships and new initiatives to fight hate
- Draft communication materials for offices and supporters to help fight hate
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong alignment with ADL mission of fighting anti-Semitism and securing civil rights and fair treatment for all people.
- Team player with willingness to play multiple positions as needed.
- Results-oriented with a sense of urgency. Willing to make tough decisions in a timely manner.
- Inclusive and collaborative.
- Minimum of 2 years of college experience required, with some post-graduate work preferred.
Applicants should send a resume and an existing writing sample or work product along with a note that specifies their acceptable locations, when they could work, and the maximum number of hours they are able to commit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Capitol Hill office of Congresswoman Jennifer Wexton (VA-10) is seeking a paid Communications fellow. Applicants should have strong writing, editing, and digital communication skills. Ideal candidates are college students, recent graduates, or graduate students with prior experience creating political content and writing under tight deadlines.
The fellowship is paid and highly competitive. This fellowship will run from mid-February to mid-May. Exact times are negotiable. Our office is looking for a team player with a strong sense of humor and a real commitment to positive change. Virginia ties are a plus.
- Designing graphics, video editing
- Drafting daily social media content (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Maintaining website
- Drafting press releases
- Compiling daily press clips
- Managing and updating press lists
- Providing research for op-eds and press releases
Please email a resume, writing sample, and digital sample to email@example.com with “Spring Communications Fellow” in the subject line by Sunday, February 7th at 10 p.m.
The New Hampshire Democratic Party is looking for volunteers of all experience levels who can help us manage press and digital for the last big candidate event in the lead up to the First in the Nation Primary. The event will take place the evening of Saturday, February 8th at SNHU Arena in Manchester, NH. Transportation to NH will not be provided, however there is some supporter housing available. Don’t miss this chance to participate in this exciting primary and be in the room to see the next president of the United States!
You can sign up to volunteer here.
The NRCC is looking for interns for the Spring semester in each of our divisions. We are looking for politically interested undergraduate students that want to gain marketable skills, lifelong connections, and have an enjoyable experience interning at our Washington, DC headquarters. Your internship will allow you to contribute measurable value to the NRCC’s operations and stay connected with the organization long after your last day as an intern.
As a full-service public affairs agency, Story Partners has deep expertise and a wide range of traditional and social media skills to meet your challenge and drive to victory. Known for our winning strategies, creativity and zealous determination to win—we offer clients exceptional strength in seven service areas critical to public affairs campaign success.
Story Partners is seeking spring and summer interns. The intern program provides a substantive, hands-on experience in a fast-paced workplace. The ideal candidate is a motivated, self-starter and creative thinker. We encourage students with a communications background or an interest in the role of public affairs in the political process to apply. Interns should be prepared to enter a professional office and work hard every day.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Drafting a wide selection of written and creative materials
- Monitoring news coverage (traditional and digital) for client issues
- Facilitating a variety of social media engagements and analysis
- Building and maintaining reporter databases
- Conducting media and issues-related research
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MediaDC – Public Relations Fellow
MediaDC is the publisher of the Washington Examiner. We’ve assembled teams of world-class journalists in the nation’s capital to inform and enlighten readers and the people who make policy and practice politics at the state and national levels. MediaDC seeks a highly motivated and experienced Public Relations Manager to join our DC office. Candidates must have prior experience in producing or guest booking in television news. The Public Relations Manager must have proven ability to identify news, oversee editorial bookings, and write pitches to send out to network bookers.
- Maintaining media database using Microsoft Excel.
- Uploading videos to our MediaDC Vimeo pages
- Compiling media appearance reports
- Social media campaigns and outreach, using our @WashExam_PR twitter page
- Pitching journalists and their articles to blogs and media outlets
- Promotional events
- Using media monitoring software (Critical Mention/TVEyes) to
cut video/audio clips
- Works well collaboratively and independently
- Strong computer skills, including Excel
- Meticulous and well-organized
- Interest in the potential of social media and strategic communications tools
- 10 hours per week
The deadline to apply for the spring semester is January 31, 2020.
The deadline to apply for the summer is April 30, 2020.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Alex Rosenwald at email@example.com
1Planet is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to create climate voters. We put policy-makers and politicians on notice that we speak out, organize, advocate and VOTE for climate change solutions. In addition to policy and political advocacy, we share ways that each of us can make a difference in our daily lives through sustainable and climate-friendly lifestyle choices. Interns will develop and execute a strategy to increase followers across social media platforms, and should have an interest in climate change, environmental advocacy or policy, communications and social media experience, and good writing and research skills.
To apply: Email a resume and cover letter outlining why you are interested in an internship at 1Planet and your availability (days/hours) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Enterprise Institute is a public policy think tank dedicated to defending human dignity, expanding human potential, and building a freer and safer world. The work of our scholars and staff advances ideas rooted in our belief in democracy, free enterprise, American strength and global leadership, solidarity with those at the periphery of our society, and a pluralistic, entrepreneurial culture. There are several foreign policy internship opportunities available at AEI. Click here to view current openings.