The Fuller Project is a nonprofit, nonpartisan journalism organization dedicated to reporting on global issues impacting women. We’re looking for someone who understands the power of audience engagement around our reporting, and the role that social media plays in spurring impact. This role requires proven experience with social media, a passion for issues impacting women, and a fresh approach to audience engagement strategies both on and offline.
We highly value diversity in our newsroom and welcome people from all backgrounds to apply. Interested candidates should send a brief cover letter, CV, and examples of their social media engagement to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Associate Engagement Editor.
This is a salaried position with benefits based in our Washington, DC office. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The NRSC internship program provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills. This program is designed to cultivate today’s young leaders, provide additional campaign experience and prepare them for future opportunities.
Summer internships are available in the research, communications, digital, finance, legal, and politics departments. For more information and to apply, click here.
Please email David Crane (email@example.com) with any questions.
AXPC is a national trade association representing 25 of the largest upstream, independent oil and natural gas companies in the US. We work with policymakers and regulators to promote the importance of the domestic, independent exploration and production industry, and to help shape policies to ensure the safe and responsible production of America’s oil and natural gas resources.
The AXPC executive assistant / office manager position requires a dynamic, organized and detail-oriented individual. The duties vary greatly but it comes with a great opportunity for growth within the organization.
- Executive Assistant / Office Manager – Provide administrative support for CEO and senior team as needed. Prepare meeting memos for CEO. Scan and file expenses for reimbursement. Make and keep track of travel reservations, business meetings and meals. Closely coordinating with staff, monitor and order supplies, interact with contractors as needed. Keep track of all office subscriptions and passcodes. Upload invoices to cloud. Manage parking for staff, gym access and building access. Greet visitors upon arrival. Answer main phone line.
- Meeting and Event Planning – Work closely with CEO and AXPC member companies to coordinate internal meetings and offsite board meetings. Help oversee logistics of all AXPC board and committee meetings.
- Research, Communications, Policy and Legislative Support – Support AXPC senior staff with research materials for advocacy, communications, and member company requests. Additional growth opportunities in these areas.
This is a full-time, in-office position (35-40 hours/week), from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Benefits include: health care, parking and generous vacation and sick days.
To apply: send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Klein/Johnson Group is seeking an intern to join our growing lobbying and public policy firm this Summer. The intern would be responsible for helping run the day-to-day operations of the firm and would interact with senior members of the team daily.
At the Chamber of Commerce, you will obtain a hands-on, meaningful work experience designed to meet your academic and career goals. Our internships offer opportunities in research, writing, database management, webpage maintenance, communications, and event preparation. During the internship, you will network with colleagues and senior-level executives while participating in educational and professional activities designed to enhance your internship experience.
To apply for an internship, view our current openings and select up to three department preferences. Once you have selected which departments you wish to apply for, send your resume and completed application to email@example.com. In the subject line of your email, indicate the three internship positions that you are applying for. For example: “Americas Intern, Social Media Intern, Emerging Issues Intern”.
Deadline: Applicants are selected on a rolling basis, and internships will remain open until filled.
Brooke Pinto (GU Law Alum) is running for DC City Council and is looking for other Hoyas to intern on her campaign. The campaign is currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
- Policy Advisor
- Communications Director
- Finance Director / Treasurer
Hiring immediately! Hours are flexible and the pay is $15/hour.
To apply: Email Ms. Dale Pinto at daleWpinto@gmail.com with the subject line “Campaign positions”. Include in the body a little about yourself, and attach a copy of your resume
ADL is looking for interns this Spring and Summer. Positions may begin spring or summer 2020 (10-15 hours/week). Preference for DC location. The internships will be paid. Applicants must have at least completed two years of college, with graduate degree preferred. Activities the intern might do include:
- Assist with design and implementation of research studies
- Conduct a literature review on key topics related to school climate or anti-bias interventions.
- Explore possible partnerships and new initiatives to fight hate
- Draft communication materials for offices and supporters to help fight hate
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong alignment with ADL mission of fighting anti-Semitism and securing civil rights and fair treatment for all people.
- Team player with willingness to play multiple positions as needed.
- Results-oriented with a sense of urgency. Willing to make tough decisions in a timely manner.
- Inclusive and collaborative.
- Minimum of 2 years of college experience required, with some post-graduate work preferred.
Applicants should send a resume and an existing writing sample or work product along with a note that specifies their acceptable locations, when they could work, and the maximum number of hours they are able to commit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NRCC is looking for interns this summer in each of our divisions. We are looking for politically interested undergraduate students that want to gain marketable skills, lifelong connections, and have an enjoyable experience interning at our Washington, DC headquarters. Your internship will allow you to contribute measurable value to the NRCC’s operations and stay connected with the organization long after your last day as an intern.
As a full-service public affairs agency, Story Partners has deep expertise and a wide range of traditional and social media skills to meet your challenge and drive to victory. Known for our winning strategies, creativity and zealous determination to win—we offer clients exceptional strength in seven service areas critical to public affairs campaign success.
Story Partners is seeking spring and summer interns. The intern program provides a substantive, hands-on experience in a fast-paced workplace. The ideal candidate is a motivated, self-starter and creative thinker. We encourage students with a communications background or an interest in the role of public affairs in the political process to apply. Interns should be prepared to enter a professional office and work hard every day.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Drafting a wide selection of written and creative materials
- Monitoring news coverage (traditional and digital) for client issues
- Facilitating a variety of social media engagements and analysis
- Building and maintaining reporter databases
- Conducting media and issues-related research
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
MediaDC – Public Relations Fellow
MediaDC is the publisher of the Washington Examiner. We’ve assembled teams of world-class journalists in the nation’s capital to inform and enlighten readers and the people who make policy and practice politics at the state and national levels. MediaDC seeks a highly motivated and experienced Public Relations Manager to join our DC office. Candidates must have prior experience in producing or guest booking in television news. The Public Relations Manager must have proven ability to identify news, oversee editorial bookings, and write pitches to send out to network bookers.
- Maintaining media database using Microsoft Excel.
- Uploading videos to our MediaDC Vimeo pages
- Compiling media appearance reports
- Social media campaigns and outreach, using our @WashExam_PR twitter page
- Pitching journalists and their articles to blogs and media outlets
- Promotional events
- Using media monitoring software (Critical Mention/TVEyes) to
cut video/audio clips
- Works well collaboratively and independently
- Strong computer skills, including Excel
- Meticulous and well-organized
- Interest in the potential of social media and strategic communications tools
- 10 hours per week
The deadline to apply for the summer is April 30, 2020.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Alex Rosenwald at firstname.lastname@example.org
1Planet is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to create climate voters. We put policy-makers and politicians on notice that we speak out, organize, advocate and VOTE for climate change solutions. In addition to policy and political advocacy, we share ways that each of us can make a difference in our daily lives through sustainable and climate-friendly lifestyle choices. Interns will develop and execute a strategy to increase followers across social media platforms, and should have an interest in climate change, environmental advocacy or policy, communications and social media experience, and good writing and research skills.
To apply: Email a resume and cover letter outlining why you are interested in an internship at 1Planet and your availability (days/hours) to: email@example.com.
American Enterprise Institute is a public policy think tank dedicated to defending human dignity, expanding human potential, and building a freer and safer world. The work of our scholars and staff advances ideas rooted in our belief in democracy, free enterprise, American strength and global leadership, solidarity with those at the periphery of our society, and a pluralistic, entrepreneurial culture. There are several foreign policy internship opportunities available at AEI. Click here to view current openings.